The Small Project Practitioners (SPP) Knowledge Community presents the tenth annual Small Project Award Program to recognize the work of small project practitioners and to promote excellence in small project design. This Award Program strives to raise public awareness of the value and design excellence that architects bring to all project types, including renovations and additions, no matter the limits of size and budget. This year’s Small Project Award theme, RESOURCEFULNESS, intends to recognize projects that, through design, turn nothing into something, transform liabilities and constraints into opportunities, and do more with less.
Award winning projects will be recognized in AIA publications and electronic media, including the SPP Journal, website, and a forthcoming book commemorating the first 10 years of the Small Project Awards. Select residential award winning projects will be included in Fine Homebuilding magazine’s annual awards issue, HOUSES, and on www.finehomebuilding.com.
Projects will also be displayed at the 2014 AIA National Convention and Design Exposition. Information will be provided to Award Recipients regarding board layout.
- Open to architects licensed in the United States.
- Built projects must have been completed after January 1, 2010.
- There is no requirement for professional photography.
- Maximum of four entries per firm – (a single project may be entered in two different categories with applicable fees for each entry). Maximum of two unbuilt entries per firm.
Deadline and Entry Fees
To receive the member discounted price you must log in using an AIA member's account information.
- The deadline for submission completion is November 18, 2013 before 5:00 PM Eastern. All deadlines are strictly observed.
- Below is the list of submission entries. All entry fees are non-refundable
- Built Projects (Categories 1, 2 and 3):
AIA members - $150 for each entry,
Nonmembers - $300 for each entry
- Unbuilt Designs (Category 4):
AIA members - $75 for each entry,
Nonmembers - $150 for each entry
- Please review the Submission Preview carefully before submitting your payment. You can go back and edit your submission until the deadline but no refunds will be issued.
Contact AIA Info Central at 1.800.242.3837 to verify the membership status of the submitter.