Welcome to the 2014 AIA/ACSA Topaz Medallion for Excellence in Architectural Education Submission Site
The AIA/ACSA Topaz Medallion for Excellence in Architectural Education is awarded jointly by the AIA and the Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture (ACSA) to an individual, who must be living at the time of nomination, who has spent at least a decade primarily involved in architectural education, and whose primary contribution to architectural education has been on the North American continent.
Candidates will be evaluated on how well they meet the program criteria which may include:
- The candidate has spent at least a decade primarily involved in architectural education and is living at the time of nomination.
- The candidate’s primary contribution to architectural education has been on the North American continent.
- The candidate shall have evidenced great depth, having a cumulative effect on a long line of students.
- The candidate shall have evidenced great breadth, having influenced a wide range of students.
- The candidate shall be a person whose activities have consistently directed themselves toward the future as well as the past.
- The candidate shall have evidenced the ability to transcend specific areas of expertise or shall have made connections between areas, in the event that the candidate’s areas of focus might be considered circumscribed.
- The candidate shall be widely known by the quality of his or her products: by those who also taught, by those who practiced architecture, and by those who perhaps did neither.
Any colleague, student, or former student may nominate candidates for the Topaz Medallion.
Deadline and Entry Fees
Use your AIA.org e-mail and password to login or contact AIA Info Central at 1.800.242.3837.
- The deadline for submission completion is October 18, 2013 before 5:00 PM Eastern. All deadlines are strictly observed.
- There is no entry fee for this program.
- Please review the Submission Preview carefully before beginning your submission. You can go back and edit your submission until the deadline.