Deadline: January 23rd, 2019 at 11:59 PM PST.
The American Society of Landscape Architects is currently accepting proposals for the 2019 Conference on Landscape Architecture in San Diego, November 15 - 18, 2019.
The goal of the conference education program is to provide professional development opportunities which address the diversity of practice types and cross sector collaborations most relevant to the practice of landscape architecture today.
- 60- or 75-Minute Education Session: The standard education session with 50/60 minutes of presentation followed by 10/15 minutes of Q&A, maximum three speakers.
- 90-Minute Education Session: Education session with 60 minutes of presentation followed by 30 minutes of Q&A, maximum three speakers.
- Professional Practice Network (PPN) Education Session: PPNs represent the major practice areas within the landscape architecture profession and provide networking and mentorship opportunities outside a market area. A PPN session is a 60- or 75-minute session with 50/60 minutes of presentation followed by 10/15 minutes of Q&A, maximum three speakers. Up to four sessions will be selected. PPN sessions must be submitted and delivered by at least one member of the selected PPN.
- Deep Dive Session: In-depth, three-hour technical programs that dig deep into specific landscape architecture topics, maximum five speakers.
- Field Session: Multiple speakers offer education combined with a field experience. Field sessions are organized through the host chapter. Please contact the host chapter committee leaders at email@example.com.
- Please read the submission guide for the session type for which you plan to submit.
- The presentation submission and review process is managed through an online system, Abstract ScoreCard. ASLA members should entire their unique ASLA IDs and passwords below. If you forgot your password, please visit: https://my.asla.org/password. Non-ASLA members should click “Begin Now” to get started.
- Upon submission, the submitter will receive an email confirmation.
SUBMISSION AND SPEAKER CONSIDERATIONS
- To coordinate proposals and network with potential speakers, we encourage you to use the CFP Google Group.
- Please limit the number of submissions to three per submitter.
- Speakers will be asked to verify that they were submitted on no more than three sessions.
- Landscape architecture professionals (graduates of accredited landscape architecture programs) wishing to present at the Conference on Landscape Architecture need to be active members of ASLA.
- Allied professionals are encouraged to both submit presentations and speak but are not required to be members of ASLA.
- Education session speakers selected from this process will receive a full complimentary registration to the Conference on Landscape Architecture and may also be eligible for reimbursement for one night's hotel stay at an official ASLA hotel (estimated $750 value).
SUBMISSION REVIEW CRITERIA
The selection process for the Conference on Landscape Architecture Education Program is competitive. Only 1 in 4 presentations will be selected. The ASLA Annual Meeting Education Advisory Committee (AMEAC) reviews, evaluates, and scores submissions using the following criteria:
- Relevance to the profession of landscape architecture
- Clearly stated and achievable learning outcomes
- Timeliness of the topic
- Subject matter appeal
- Appropriate audience type and expertise level (intermediate, advanced)
- Speaker qualifications
- Panel equity, diversity, and inclusion
|December 11, 2018
||Call for Presentations Opens
|January 23, 2019
||Deadline for submitting proposals (11:59 PM PST)
||ASLA Annual Meeting Education Advisory Committee (AMEAC) evaluates proposals and makes recommendations
|March 20-31, 2019
||Selection notifications sent to proposers
|November 15-18, 2019
||ASLA Conference on Landscape Architecture