Professionals in all NAFSA Regions are eligible to apply for the 2016 Academy program. NAFSA membership is not required. Apply early, applications will be accepted until December 4, 2015.
Please note that regional cohorts are assembled with an eye toward creating knowledge community and institutional diversity. This element is considered crucial to a successful Academy program.
Who Should Apply?
The Academy is appropriate for you if you currently work within the field of International Education and if you:
- Have worked at least one year in the field of International Education; and/or
- Are transferring into the field from another area of higher education; and
- Are interested to gain an overview of the field of International Education; and
- Are hoping to acquire knowledge and skills to prepare you to serve as an international education resource at your institution;
- Are seeking to reach out to others in international education and create strong professional ties; and
- Are excited to work with an experienced international educator selected by NAFSA to serve as your coach to help you further your own learning goals; and
- You have the consent of your employer for your full participation in the Academy; and
- You and/or your employer have the ability to pay for Academy tuition and travel expenses in relation to Academy events.
Successful completion of the Academy is based upon:
- Completion of the pre-training assignments provided prior to each training event.
- Attendance at all scheduled Academy event meetings, including the Spring Training (March 8 - 11, 2016 in Atlanta, GA), the NAFSA Annual Conference (May 29 - June 3, 2016 in Denver, CO), and the 2016 fall regional conferences (dates and locations vary).
- Submission of the Learning Plan, Progress Presentation, Summer Focus, and Culmination and Transition Paper/Project by the established deadlines.
Please provide all information requested in Parts 1, 2, and 3 of this application. You will be asked to include a statement of interest and your current resume. If you have any questions about filling out this application, please contact: NAFSA: Association of International Educators at 202.495.2588 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org