This call for submissions is open and will close at 5:00 pm EST on Monday, March 5, 2018. Submit proposals to the AIA Center for Civic Leadership using online submission platform (conference abstracts.com).”
AIA Leadership Institute Overview
Leadership Institute is a one-day leadership training event for architects and emerging professionals, bringing together visionary speakers on leadership, both inside and outside the profession. Now in its fourth year, this training experience leverages technology to connect AIA Components and engage AIA members in a shared leadership training experience. The program attracts new and veteran leaders, and emphasis team building through regional and national conversations with peers.
Using a hybrid delivery platform, the Leadership Institute coordinates five simultaneous regional meetings to participate under the umbrella of one broadcast. The live audience for each regional meeting is between 50 and 100 participants. Past programming has included:
- leadership best practices and how to apply them in professional, industry, community, and design settings
- a network of local and industry leaders who are changing the leadership dialogue in architecture
- relevant content for your career and professional journey
- leadership resources, including a free digital copy of Living Your Life as a Leader, a reference guide and workbook that will support your personal leadership development during and after the event
- AIA members seeking leadership training
- AIA Components and their leadership groups, including: board members, elected leaders, commit
- tees for leadership, and committees focused on advocacy and/or Citizen Architects
- Emerging professionals groups, including: the Young Architects Forum (YAF), the National Associates Committee (NAC), and
- the American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS)
- Allied committees within AIA National, including: the College of Fellows,
- Large Firm Round Table, Small Firm Round Table, Knowledge Communities,
In the spirit of innovation and collaboration, we are seeking ideas to shape the direction this program is heading. We’re looking for:
– Apply as an individual member:
- (1-year term) with the AIA Center for Civic Leadership. The CCL is a national member group of the AIA focused on advancing leadership training and the Citizen Architect movement.
- (2-year term) with the think tank behind the Leadership Institute 2018.
– Apply as an AIA Component:
- Host the AIA Leadership Institute as a Regional Venue for your members in fall of 2018. Components applying must be able to define: a volunteer team, staff member support, ability to meet technology requirements, and content ideas.
(Past AIA Component to participate, include: AIA Arkansas, AIA Arizona, Boston Society of Architects, AIA California Council, AIA Cleveland, AIA DC, AIA Detroit, and the Texas Society of Architects)
– Apply as an individual or team contributor:
- Submit your best content proposals to address leadership training with architects and emerging professionals. Programs must address one or more of our learning objectives. Submissions are encouraged to be interactive in nature, with creative ideas and exercises that bridge the technology divide of the program.
March 5, 2018
Deadline for proposal submissions
Notifications of selections and non- selections will be made between March 15 and March 22
. Click 'Join Now' below to begin your first submission.
Length of Workshop
Workshops will not exceed one hour. Depending on the workshop content, participants will earn learning units. The AIA will determine if sessions qualify for LU/HSW.
We encourage submitters to collaborate with other members, components and special member groups to provide innovative training programs on these topics that engage participants.