Proposal Selection Timeline
September 15, 2017 – Call for Proposals Opens
October 31, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST – Deadline for Submission of Proposal
January 10, 2018 – Selection Notifications Sent to Proposal Submitters
February 2, 2018 – Deadline for Speaker's Intent to Present at the NAESP Pre-K-8 Principals Conference; NAESP's Terms and Conditions Agreement; and Speaker Registration Payment
April 20, 2018 – Deadline for Draft Slide Presentation for Review by NAESP Editorial Staff
May 25, 2018 – Final Slide Presentation Due for Conference App
IMPORTANT! Before attempting to submit a proposal, collect all the required information for each presenter referenced in the “Session Speakers” task. Print this document for your reference.
- All concurrent session proposals must be submitted electronically no later than October 31, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- Speakers must commit as part of their NAESP speakers agreement to maintain an educational focus for their session, and to eliminate all sales messages or presentations. Sessions that incorporate a sales theme or message receive low audience ratings, and those speakers will not be selected to serve in future conference programs.
- NAESP makes proposal submission selections based on audience and content needs that reflect a diverse demographic. The submission of a proposal does not guarantee inclusion in the NAESP conference program. All proposal submissions are reviewed and evaluated by an external and internal review team. One factor for acceptance of a proposal is the degree to which the proposal aligns to NAESP's six Conference Strands, the Professional Standards for Educational Leaders (PSEL), and the depth of content demonstrated in the proposal narrative. The six Conference Strands are:
- High Leverage Instructional Leadership
- Creating Positive Culture, Climate, and Community
- Transforming Schools
- Innovative Technology and Social Media
- Effective Staff Development
- Leading Early Childhood Programs (Pre-K-3)
- Sessions will be scheduled throughout the NAESP conference beginning on Monday, July 9, 2018 and continuing through Wednesday, July 11, 2018. All concurrent sessions will run 75 minutes in length.
- Up to three speakers may be listed for each session proposal. Do not list speakers without a definite commitment that they will present in the session. All speakers must agree to the NAESP’s “Speaker Terms and Conditions” for participation and pay the required speaker registration fee by February 2, 2018.
- The primary person submitting each proposal will serve as the point of contact for the NAESP Pre-K-8 Principals Conference. This person will be responsible for informing the session's speaker(s) of the status of the proposal, deadlines, registration fees, handouts, and all related presentation specifications.
- Each proposal will be evaluated based on many factors including current principal needs, interests, and commitment to bringing new and innovative content to conference participants.
- NAESP session speakers receive no fee, and must pay their own travel expenses including hotel, airfare and ground transportation. If your proposal is selected, all speakers are required to pay a speaker registration fee no later than February 2, 2018. This fee covers NAESP's indirect expenses for setup of the session room. In exchange, speakers benefit through their exposure to NAESP’s national audience of Pre-K-8 school leaders.
- By submitting a concurrent session proposal, you agree that NAESP or their representative has your permission to use any or all images, presentation materials, and/or handouts which you have submitted without restriction and changes or alterations. This permission allows images and presentation materials to be used through any means of communication.
- NAESP conference speakers agree to submit an electronic copy of their draft slide presentation by April 20, 2018 for review by NAESP editorial staff. NAESP will provide speakers with tips for developing top-notch presentations and a standard power-point slide template. NAESP conference speakers must agree to allow minor editing of their presentation materials if requested by NAESP. Copies of the final slide presentation with any handouts are to be submitted no later than May 25, 2018 for inclusion in the NAESP Pre-K-8 Principals Conference Mobile App.