Welcome to the abstract collection site for the INACSL Conference, 2018 being held in Toronto, Ontario, Canada June 13-16, 2018.
The online abstract submissions date has been extended to 11:59 pm (PST) on December 4, 2017.
Information submitted for each abstract will be saved in the system until completed. You do not need to complete your submission at one time. However, failure to complete the required documentation by the due date will result in your abstract being rejected.
We’ve provided an overview of requirements and tips below to help you through the submission process.
1) Abstract Categories
- Podium presentations - 60-minute, concurrent time slots to include questions/answers (Q&A) period. Can be individual, panel (maximum of 4 people), or hands-on (minimum of 30 minutes of activity) formats.
- Poster presentations - Displaying a physical poster no larger than 8 x 4 in (20.32 x 10.16 cm) in size. Posters will be displayed during one of two designated poster sessions on Wednesday, June 13, or Thursday, June 14.
- Pre-conference presentations - Presenting on Wednesday, June 13 for either a 6-hour (full day) or 4-hour (half day) segment.
- Off-site tour – Occur on Wednesday, June 13 from 8am-3pm. Must include lunch for participants. Potential tours must have an educational focus, are required to submit learning objectives and complete all required abstract documents.
2) Lead Author
– The author or individual submitting abstract documentation.
- Responsible for all communications pertaining to abstract status between INACSL and the abstract team.
- Responsible for identifying all additional authors as co-authors in the system by providing names and email addresses for the creation of co-author profiles. Each abstract may have a maximum of 7 co-authors.
- Responsible for creating a unique login and password to submit abstract(s) at the bottom of this page. Once your account is set up, you will receive a confirmation email from email@example.com. All communications regarding the abstract and presentation process for the conference will be sent through this email address. If you do not see the confirmation, check your junk mailbox. Confirming receipt of this email will ensure that you receive all future communications. It is the responsibility of the lead author to inform INACSL if your email address changes, or you are unable to receive emails.
- Responsible for completing the following required abstract documents by the deadline of November 15, 2017. Remember, you can save your submission and come back later, but all documentation must be completed prior to the due date. Once the lead author locks the documents for submission no changes can be made.
- Abstract - view Rubric Criteria
- Education Planning Table
- A Bio/Conflict of Interest/Disclosure
- Statement of Work
As an ANCC accredited provider of CNE INACSL is required to collect some information in multiple documents.
If you have any concerns or questions, please contact INACSL’s Lead Nurse Planner, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Responsible for reviewing options through the Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI) website for the posting of the final presentation slides (Podium presentations only) to the Virginia Henderson Global Nursing e-Repository on STTI’s website. This process will occur after the podium presentation has been accepted, confirmed and scheduled.
– up to seven co-authors may be identified by the lead author. Co-author(s) receive an email through the system requesting that they submit a Conflict of Interest. Each designated co-author is required to complete the information before an abstract is finalized.
4) Next Steps
– Lead authors will receive an email by February 28, 2018 inviting them to present or notifying them that the abstract has been declined. A minimum of 1 author (lead or co-author) is required to register to attend the full conference as an attendee and present on behalf of the abstract team. Other authors are encouraged to register for the conference. However, all authors listed on the abstract will be listed in the conference program regardless of whether they register for the conference.
The lead author will receive one $50 registration discount code for use by 1 author per abstract. Click here
for information about registration and lodging costs.