Know one of the things SpiceWorld attendees love? Year-after-year, attendees rave…it's the awesome learning opportunities that SpiceWorld provides!
So, if you're an IT pro with a desire to share helpful solutions and successful strategies, we'd love to have you speak at SpiceWorld! Session applications will be accepted through Thursday, March 30th
and we'll be enlisting the help of the Spiceworks Community
to help us decide which sessions will make the cut.
Here's how the process works: Once the call for speakers has ended, submissions will be available for the entire Spiceworks Community to view and vote on the sessions they'd like to attend at SpiceWorld. Finalists will then be reviewed by a team of Spiceworks staffers who will take into account previous session ratings, current hot topics in the community, and feedback from our own IT team. The selected sessions, which will combine the results of the community feedback and feedback from the Spiceworks team, will be announced in June.
To help attendees navigate all the great content at SpiceWorld, submitted sessions should fall into one of the categories below:
1 or 2 person presentation
- IT Tips & Tools – addressing specific challenges IT pros face by providing useful tips and handy tools or resources.
- IT Career – the business and "soft skills" (resume writing, team management, negotiation, communication, customer service, budgeting, etc) every IT pro should know.
- IT Technical How To – a hands-on, deep dive session covering a technical topic to help IT pros learn a skill that is useful in their jobs.
– 4 out of 5 sessions in a given track will have this format. Sessions are an hour long: 45 minutes of presentation, 10 minutes of Q&A, and 5 minutes of “squish” room.
Who should submit a session?
If you fit into one of the categories below, we think you could be a great fit to speak at SpiceWorld!
Tips for success
- IT pros with speaking experience and a thirst to share their lessons learned and best practices.
- Sales engineers with solutions and strategies to help IT pros do their jobs (and would never think of making a shameless sales pitch!).
- Anyone in the IT world with practical content to help an IT pro do their job.
- Keep it vendor neutral. SpiceWorld attendees are a savvy bunch and can sniff out a sales pitch from a mile away.
- Get specific. In your session description, explain the challenge, what your solution is, and what the attendee will take away from your session.
- Know your audience. If your session is targeted towards a particular skill-level or industry, make sure to say so in your session description.
- March 30th – Deadline to submit entries
- April – Voting by the Spiceworks Community
- May – Internal review period
- June – Sessions announced!