The call for abstracts is now closed.
The American Wind Energy Association
(AWEA) is soliciting abstracts that demonstrate the dynamic and technologically advanced nature of the wind energy industry. AWEA WINDPOWER 2015 Conference & Exhibition is the wind industry’s premier North American event with wind energy professionals from all over the world gathering in one place. It’s the most effective way for attendees to expand their knowledge base and business network. We want to connect them with thought leaders and industry experts who aren’t solely talking wind energy – they’re putting it to work. It’s not just about the possibilities, but reality. WINDPOWER is now and your educational contributions are key to moving the industry forward. In 2015 we are looking for expertise on practical and applicable ideas that attendees can bring back to their company and strengthen their business.
Please follow the steps below:
- Read the abstract submission policy below.
- Review the topic list that your abstract should address.
- Review the list of information you’ll need.
- Submit an abstract by logging in to the Abstract Scorecard below.
The primary authors of the abstracts will be notified via email whether or not their abstracts were selected by February 1, 2015. Please do not contact AWEA before this date, as it will only delay the process. If you are accepted, you must register for the conference within 10 business days of notification at the discounted presenter registration rate.
Abstract Submission Policy:
- No Marketing. All obvious commercial sales pitches will not be accepted for a presentation.
- Abstracts must be well-organized and clearly describe their relevance to the industry and how the information presented could be applied or used in practice. Applicants are encouraged to use case studies, offer solutions, and include specifics.
- Abstracts should contain new perspective or data and not have been presented previously.
- More than one abstract may be submitted. However, only one presenting author per abstract is permitted to present. A presenter may be allowed to have more than one poster presented if the abstracts have been accepted.
- Selected presenters will be asked to present their abstracts along with other accepted abstracts in a designated time slot, with single PPT presentations ranging from 5 -15 minutes. In some cases, abstract authors may be asked to speak as a panelist. Session topics are pre-determined by the program committee.
- Panel or session proposals are not accepted for this conference.
- AWEA will review all the submitted abstracts, and select the most interesting and appropriate abstracts for this year’s program. We’ll be also inviting others to present on topics that we did not receive suitable abstracts on.
- Please note that late submissions will not be considered. AWEA reserves the right to reject any abstracts at any time. Due to the large number of abstracts received for this conference, AWEA is unable to provide feedback on abstracts not accepted for the program.