2018 Section on International Child Health (SOICH) and Section on International Medical Graduates (SOIMG) Abstracts Program
The Section on International Child Health (SOICH) has sponsored an annual Global Child Health Abstract Symposium since 2012. This year SOICH will partner with the Section on International Medical Graduates (SOIMG) to host a joint Abstracts Program related to any aspect of international/global child health. Abstracts in the categories of original research, program evaluation, and educational or advocacy initiatives will be considered.
The 2018 SOICH/SOIMG joint program is titled "Advocacy and Justice for Children at Home and Abroad."
Sunday, November 4 from 8:00am -5:30pm.
SOICH/SOIMG Photo Competition
- Abstracts will be accepted for podium (oral) presentations as well as poster presentations. Abstracts submitted may be considered for either format at the discretion of the Abstract Review Committee. Submissions by members and non-members of SOICH or SOIMG are welcome; participation is open to health professionals in any field.
- Abstract submissions are expected to have received Institutional Review Board approval when appropriate.
- Presenter of accepted abstracts should notify Alcy Torres (email@example.com) as soon as possible if they must cancel their presentation.
- The Sections encourage submissions from international health professionals. Accepted presenters will be required to obtain travel letters or visas per U.S. immigration guidelines.
- Travel awards will be awarded to presenters of three accepted abstracts: (1) to a first author from a Low and Middle Income Country (LMIC) who is a trainee; (2) to a first author from a LMIC who is a non-trainee; (3) to an ICATCH awardee from a LMIC. Each of the awards will reimburse travel costs up to $3,000. Presenters who wish to apply for this award will submit a short application when submitting their abstract.
- Abstracts may have been presented at a local, state, or regional meeting; however, the abstract may not have been previously published or cannot have been presented or submitted to other national meetings or journals at the time of their submission to the AAP National Conference & Exhibition. Papers presented at previous AAP meetings should not be re-submitted.
A photo competition will be held at the AAP National Conference & Exhibition at the Section on International Child Health and Section on International Medical Graduates Joint Program.
- We will accept one photo for either "Compelling Images of International Child Health" or for "International Child Health (A clinical Vignette)".
- The submission must include a brief description of the presentation and diagnosis, if known.
- Participation is open to any professional in the field, including all levels of fellows/faculty.
- Photo: JPEG file 1024 x 784 pixels (larger but not smaller files will be considered).
- Signed AAP release form: Contestant agrees to release the photo to the AAP for posting on the AAP website.
- If your photograph is selected you (or a designee) will be required to bring in an 18"-20" x 24"-30" copy of your photograph on the day of the joint program.
- Only one photo per submission per author. If a presenter wishes to submit more than one photo this will require a separate submission for each photo.
In order for identifiable images of pediatric patients to be considered for inclusion in this collection, consent must be obtained from the patient or legal guardian. Contributors are solely responsible. Contributors automatically assign copyright to the AAP for all images submitted and accepted for inclusion on the AAP website. The AAP, SOICH editors' institutions, and SOIMG editors' institutions are not responsible for the failure of a contributor to obtain consent. By submitting an image to this collection contributors agree that:
- Consent was obtained from the patient (if 18 years or older) or his/her legal guardian.
- She/he owns the copyright to the image (Images obtained as a work product by government employees is subject to government copyright rules).
- Permission for unrestricted use of these images is granted to the American Academy of Pediatrics, Section on International Child Health and Section of International Medical Graduates.
- A panel of judges will select and announce the winning photo during the SOICH and SOIMG joint Program, November 4,
2018, Orlando, FL.
- All photos may be published by the AAP.
- Entries selected for presentation may be posted on the AAP website.
Deadline for submission: April 13, 2018
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you created an account in a different program, you may use the same username and access key. If this is your first time submitting, please create a new account.