close this panel
Name: 2018 Section on Advances in Therapeutics and Technology (SOATT)
Location: Orlando, Florida
Date: November 2–6, 2018
Website: Click here
2018 Section on Advances in Therapeutics and Technology (SOATT) Abstracts Program
QUALITY IMPROVEMENT PROJECT ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS AND MOC PART 4 ELIGIBILITY
- SOATT accepts research abstracts on advances in therapeutics and technology that promote children's health. Research abstracts may cover such diverse topics as clinical trials of vaccines/drugs/devices, vaccine/drug/device safety, public policy and law related to drug and device development, practicalities of device/technology utilization in pediatric office settings, use of electronic devices for information sharing with patients and families, etc.
- Abstracts will be accepted for poster presentations ONLY. The top 3 posters may be permitted to have a short oral presentation. Employees of commercial interests will not be permitted to present orally.
- Both original research and case reports will be considered for presentation.
- Abstracts may be either new or previously presented.
- Presenters of accepted abstracts should notify Susan Cummins (email@example.com) or Ron Ariagno (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible if they must cancel their presentation.
- This year, we will be accepting abstracts describing quality improvement projects. These abstracts may be eligible for free MOC Part 4 credit through the AAP’s Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Portfolio.
- Please describe the following in your abstract submission. These items MUST be included on the poster or slide presentation in order to be eligible for MOC credit:
- The specific aim of the quality improvement project that describes the target population, desired numerical improvement, and timeframe for achieving the improvement
- The process for improvement (eg, QI methodology utilized, how the intervention was implemented, how tests of change were used to modify interventions, who was involved, etc)
- Graphical display of data: a minimum of baseline and 2 follow-up measurements
- A discussion of the degree to which the aim was achieved
- Factors that affected success
- Next steps for the QI project
If you created an account in a different program, you may use the same username and access key. If this is your first time submitting, please create a new account.
- To submit an abstract describing a QI project, select the “QI Project” radio button as part of your abstract submission.
- If accepted into the H program, you will be contacted by AAP Division of Quality/MOC Portfolio staff with further information about MOC eligibility.
- Note: authors can still submit a QI project abstract even if not interested in MOC credit. Abstracts may still be accepted into the program even if they do not follow the MOC guidelines. These, however, will not be eligible for MOC credit.
- Poster/oral presentations describing projects already approved for MOC Part 4 credit are not eligible for additional credit.
- Additional details are available here: www.aap.org/mocabstracts
Log in to submit an Abstract
Organizer: Katie Friedman - email@example.com /