Proposals for Organized Symposia are now being accepted for the 79th Midwest Fish and Wildlife Conference! ABSTRACT SUBMISSION:
SUBMISSION EVALUATION & NOTIFICATION:
- If you have an innovative idea on a timely subject that would appeal to fish and wildlife professionals from across the Midwest, use this online form to submit a proposal for an Organized Symposium. The deadline to submit is: Monday, July 16th at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- An Organized Symposium is a series of presentations that address aspects of a single topic or theme. Symposia are the scientific centerpiece of the conference and will run concurrently with other technical sessions. A symposium can consist of invited speakers only, or be open to accepting presentations from the general call for abstracts, which will open by early August, 2018. Symposia topics related to the conference theme are highly encouraged, as well as those addressing aspects of fish and wildlife ecology, management, conservation, health, or human dimensions.
- Please include all of the requested information and use the required format to ensure that we receive the information necessary to review your proposal.
- You may begin this process and return to your saved submission any time up until the deadline. You can also login and make any modifications up until the submission deadline.
- Proposals will be evaluated on timeliness of the subject, importance to the profession and/or contribution to science, and the overall quality of the written proposal.
- Applicants will be notified whether their proposal has been accepted by end of July 2018.
- Once the symposium is accepted, each invited speaker will be required to submit an abstract following the procedure for regular abstracts. We will accept symposium proposals that include unfilled presentation slots. These slots will be filled with relevant presentations from the pool of regular submissions. The Program Committee will consult with the symposium organizer to identify appropriate talks. All presenters will need to register and pay for the conference.
If you have questions about these instructions, need assistance filling out the online submission form, or would like to withdraw a proposal, please contact Meg Boera at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click "Join Now"
below to begin.