Poster presentations convey innovative, clinically relevant information that enhances the professional skills of mental healthcare professionals. The Poster Sessions provide presenting authors a forum in which they can showcase their work and interact with conference attendees.
Psych Congress 2018 Dates/Location
Psych Congress will be held October 25-28, 2018 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL.
Poster Submission deadline
All abstracts must be received by Friday, August 31, 2018 for consideration for inclusion in the 2018 posters.
In order to be considered during the review process, you must submit payment for each submission. The fee for posters submitted on or before July 13, 2018 is $299; a $349 submission fee is required for each submission between July 14 and August 31.
Poster Session and Exhibit Hall Hours
Posters sessions are held during Exhibit Hall hours:
- Friday, October 26 (1:30 PM – 2:30 PM)
- Friday, October 26 (5:30 PM – 7:30 PM)
- Saturday, October 27 (1:30 PM – 2:30 PM)
Posters are required to be hung by 11:00 AM on Friday, October 26. Posters will remain on display while the Exhibit Hall is open on Friday, October 26 (12:15 PM – 2:30 PM and 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM) and Saturday, October 27 (12:15 PM – 2:30 PM).
Presenters are required
to stand by their posters to answer questions and interact with attendees during the Exhibit Hall Reception and Poster Gala on Friday, October 26 from 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM.
Presenters also required
stand by their poster during 1 of the 2 additional poster sessions: Friday, October 26 from 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM or Saturday, October 27 from 1:30PM – 2:30 PM. Presenters have the option of attending both of these afternoon sessions, but it is not required. During these times, there are no educational sessions.
Word Count for Poster Abstract Submission
- Research Reports: These reports present completed original research on pharmacologic agents, therapeutic issues, and innovative services or outcomes of services provided to the psychiatric patient population.
- Research-in-Progress: These posters represent uncompleted studies that are currently ongoing. The author may discuss preliminary results of the studies, provided the research methods have been validated. Topics may include clinical drug studies, therapeutics issues, innovative services, and outcomes.
- Case Reports: These reports detail relevant psychiatric cases involving unusual or complex patient scenarios. Cases may include discussion of the pharmacologic agents, nonpharmacologic therapies, and/or innovative services employed and should contain pertinent training points or insights into improving mental health outcomes.
- Repeat Presentations: These posters represent findings that have been presented at other meetings but contain information of interest to clinicians who care for patients with psychiatric illness. These completed studies need to be original research on pharmacologic issues, therapeutic considerations, innovative services, or outcomes related to mental health.
We ask for a maximum 250 words for the abstract. Please do not include title or author information in this section. Abstracts are brief summaries of the overall goal of an offering and the specific ideas or concepts that will be presented, including outcomes and implications for practice.
We also ask for a short description to have posted in the Psych Congress app, which is 75 words max. And no graphs or images are allowed for the abstract and short description.
The title is 75 words max.
to download and review the Poster Submission Guidelines.
to download and review the Poster Frequently Asked Questions.