The American College of Clinical Pharmacology invites proposals for Annual Meeting Symposia and Pre-meeting Workshops to be presented at the 2018 Annual Meeting, September 23 – 25, 2018 at the Bethesda N Marriott Hotel & Conf Ctr, N Bethesda, MD.
The Annual Meeting provides both Pre-meeting Workshop sessions and Symposium sessions. Workshop proposals can be submitted as either a half (3.5 hours) or full day. Proposals for Symposia are defined as short sessions (90-120 minutes) or half-day (3.5 hours). Proposals must include all of the information as noted in the Activity Proposal Form. Proposals will be reviewed for merit by the 2018 Annual Meeting Program Committee. Proposals that are incomplete and/or do not meet these guidelines will not be reviewed or accepted.
Session Chair Responsibilities
Once a proposal is accepted, the session Chair is responsible for final confirmation of the Faculty/Speaker roster, communicating session goals and expectations to Faculty and working with ACCP Staff to ensure that the event meets all ACCP Faculty Requirements.
Basic audiovisual support will be provided (LCD projector/screen, podium with microphone, laser pointer and laptop and a head table with chairs). Additional audiovisual support may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Budget Requirements for Proposals
Budgets for each session (Workshops & Symposia) cover travel reimbursement for Non-member Faculty only up to the limitations of the budget ($1,200 per 90-120 minute session or $2,000 per 3.5 hour session*) and within the guidelines provided by ACCP.
- Session Chairs are responsible for determining how the budget will be dispersed among Faculty within their event.
- Non-member Faculty are also provided with complimentary meeting registration on the day(s) they are scheduled to speak.
- Participation on any day(s) of the event as a Non-faculty attendee requires registration and payment.
- ACCP Member Faculty are not eligible for hotel or travel reimbursement for Pre-meeting Workshops or Symposia in which they speak, nor are they provided with complimentary meeting registration on the day(s) they participate in Symposia.
- There is no fee for ACCP Members to attend a Pre-meeting Workshop in which they are Faculty. Expense reimbursements are made by check.
This form attempts to collect all information necessary to determine whether the proposal will be accepted in conjunction with the 2018 Annual Meeting. Proposal authors will be notified by mid-October, 2017 as to the status of their proposal.