The American College of Clinical Pharmacology invites you to submit a Proposal for Annual Meeting Symposia and Pre-meeting Workshops to be presented at the 2019 Annual Meeting, September 15 – 17, 2019
, at the Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park, Chicago, IL
Proposals must be completed and submitted no later than Wednesday, August 15, 2018
The ACCP Annual Meeting provides both Pre-meeting Workshop courses and Symposium courses. Workshop proposals
can be submitted as either a half (3.5 hours) or full day (7 hours). Proposals for Symposia
are defined as short courses (90–120-minutes) or half-day (3.5 hours). Proposals must include all the information as noted in the Proposal Submission System. Proposals will be reviewed for merit by the 2019 Annual Meeting Program Committee. Proposals that are incomplete and/or do not meet these guidelines will not be reviewed or accepted.
Course Chair Responsibilities
Once a Proposal is accepted, the course Chair is responsible for final confirmation of the Faculty/Speaker roster, communicating course goals and expectations to Faculty and working with ACCP Staff to ensure that the course meets all ACCP Faculty Requirements.
Basic audiovisual support will be provided (LCD projector/screen, podium with microphone, laser pointer and laptop and a head table with chairs). Additional audiovisual support may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Recommended Faculty Composition
Budget Requirements for Proposals
- All Co-chairs should also be Faculty presenters.
- All Faculty participating in the Q&A/panel portion should be presenters. No Faculty should participate solely in the Q&A/panel portion.
- Faculty should not be invited to participate until the activity is approved.
- Faculty should be chosen to ensure that the course is fair and balanced and represents the various areas (academic, regulatory, clinical, etc.) with an interest in the topics.
- There should be no more than two course Faculty with any one facility, organization, company or other entity. Course Faculty include course planners, moderators and speakers.
- A maximum of two Non-members Faculty are allowed per course (any combination of Chairs and Faculty).
- For 90–120-minute courses, we recommend no more than four Faculty participants. For 3.5-hour courses, we recommend four–six Faculty participants.
A total budget of $1,200 per 90–120-minute course or $2,000 per 3.5-hour course* is available to cover all Non-member Faculty within a given course and according to the guidelines provided by ACCP. Course Chairs are responsible for determining how the total budget will be dispersed among Non-member Faculty within their course. Non-member Faculty are also provided with complimentary meeting registration on the day(s) they are scheduled to speak. Participation on any day(s) of the meeting as a Non-faculty attendee requires registration and payment. ACCP Member Faculty are not eligible for hotel or travel reimbursement for Pre-meeting Workshops or Symposia in which they speak, nor are they provided with complimentary meeting registration on the day(s) they participate in Symposia. There is no fee for ACCP Members to attend a Pre-meeting Workshop in which they are Faculty.
Expense reimbursement is made by check.
*Additional travel funds may be available under special circumstances approved by the Program Committee Chairs.
A maximum of two
Non-members are allowed per course (any combination of Chairs and Faculty). Each 90–120-minute course receives $1,200 in budget support and 3.5-hour courses receive $2,000 in budget support. This may be used at the Chair’s discretion for two US-based Faculty or one international Faculty.
Please use the following estimates per Non-member Faculty
for developing a course budget:
Please note: Reimbursement is based on actual costs and cannot exceed the amount that has been allocated.
- Hotel: One-night stay at the meeting-designated hotel ($ + tax) = ~$250
- Coach airfare/train: $500 (for US-based Faculty)/$1,500 (for international Faculty) purchased at least 30 days in advance; travel by car (mileage) will be reimbursed for round trip mileage and local parking if it is less than coach airfare (<$500).
- Ground transport, travel meals and expenses: $200 (meals during the Annual Meeting are provided with registration and will not be reimbursed).
- ACCP Member Faculty are not eligible for hotel or travel reimbursement for Pre-meeting Workshops or Symposia in which they speak, nor are they provided with complimentary meeting registration on the day(s) they participate as Faculty in Symposia. There is no fee for ACCP Members to attend a Pre-meeting Workshop in which they are Faculty.
- Receipts are required for all expenses, including mileage and toll documentation.
- ACCP does not offer reimbursement for Internet access purchased in guest rooms, phone calls, movies, tours, or any expenses incurred by a spouse/family member.
Course Chairs may submit requests for additional funding to supplement the proposal budget. Requests must
include how the funding will be secured and should assume 50% of the requested funds raised will support the Non-member Faculty and 50% will be designated for indirect costs.
This website attempts to collect all information necessary to determine whether the proposal will be accepted in conjunction with the 2019 Annual Meeting. Proposal authors will be notified by late-October as to the status of their proposal.
ACCP is truly a Member-focused/Member-driven organization that maintains high financial standards and a reasonable cost of membership and Annual Meeting registration, effectively serving the clinical pharmacology community by making it economical to become a Member and attend the meeting. Consider Joining ACCP today and utilize the Member Benefits to enhance your career and make a difference in clinical pharmacology.