Deadline for abstracts: May 27, 2019
Authors notified of acceptance/rejection for digital poster display: No later than June 24, 2019
Abstracts are being accepted for Digital Poster Display and/or Digital Poster Presentation for the 33rd Annual Scientific Meeting of the Association for Vascular Access, October 4-7, 2019 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Abstracts received that do not follow these guidelines will NOT be accepted.
Abstracts will be accepted online only NO LATER THAN 11:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time on May 27, 2019, using the online submission form. Prior to beginning the submission process you will be prompted to create a Login ID and Password. Please keep the Login ID and Password until the close of the submission process: you may want to log in to make changes before the closing date. Authors will be notified of acceptance/rejection no later than June 24, 2019.
Abstracts must be applicable to at least one of the Abstract Tracks listed below. The track must be identified at the time of abstract submission and be relevant to the art and science of vascular access.
- Pediatric/Neonatal Vascular Access
- Continuum of Care Throughout Vascular Access
- Systems, Process and Communication
- Care & Maintenance of Vascular Access Devices
- Leadership, Education and Development of Vascular Access
- New Technology and Applications in Vascular Access
- Education Pertaining to Vascular Access
Content should reflect the diversity of the Vascular Access specialty. Submissions are accepted from professionals working in clinical and non-clinical settings, research and development, management, business, the sciences, and technology. In 300 words or less, provide an accurate, succinct, and informative abstract that represents your submission and/or poster. All abstracts must be submitted typed, in English, and must be well organized. Content should be written in complete sentences without abbreviations. References are not included in the abstract. The judging process is blinded and peer-reviewed: Do not include author(s) name, facility name, or identifying factors in abstract. It may cause disqualification.
Abstract Selection Process
must include the following headings
|Posters not associated with research should include the following key points
||Purpose - What was the goal of the study?
||Background - What was the problem? Why was it important?
|| Results - What were the findings?
|| Conclusions - What do the final outcomes mean?
All abstracts submitted are subjected to an objective, blinded peer review and are evaluated on quality of the project/research, content, and relevance to the field of vascular access. All entries will be notified of selection or rejection by June 24th via email.
Complete Guidelines for Poster Display Preparation
can be found at www.avainfo.org/guidelines2019
. A few of the major points to consider:
Scientific Poster Presentations
- There is a $50 submission fee for each accepted iPoster. This fee must be paid for each poster that you wish to display at AVA 2019.
- Poster authors that wish to be considered for a Scientific Poster Presentation must pay the $50 submission fee and complete their digital poster by no later than Wednesday, August 14th.
- Posters selected for Scientific Poster Presentation will be notified by Tuesday, September 3rd.
- Poster authors that wish to display a digital poster without presentation consideration must pay the $50 submission fee and complete their digital poster by no later than Wednesday, September 25th.
11 abstracts will be asked to participate in the Scientific Poster Presentations, which will take place on October 4th, 5th, and 6th. These 11 abstracts will be awarded the opportunity to display their digital poster and participate in a 12-17 minute discussions, lead by an AVA Poster Professor, that will include a high-level overview of the poster findings and an open discussion between the poster author and audience. You may opt-in for Poster Presentation consideration during the submission process. Poster authors that wish to be considered for a Scientific Poster Presentation must pay the $50 submission fee and complete their digital poster by no later than Wednesday, August 21st .
During the meeting attendees will participate in voting for the “People’s Choice Poster” award. First, Second, and Third Place posters will receive a certificate and cash award. The award winners will be announced at the end of the Scientific Meeting on the AVA website and Intravascular Quarterly.