ICC 2017 ● Sunday July 2 – Friday July 7, 2017 ● Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
October 26, 2016 at 11:59 PM EST
Who is ICA?
The mission of the International Cartographic Association (ICA) is to promote the disciplines and professions of cartography and GIScience in an international context. The International Cartographic Conference (ICC) takes place every second year in one of the member countries. The 2017 meeting in Washington D.C. is the 28th International Cartographic Conference. It is planned and prepared by the US National Committee to the ICA of CaGIS (Cartography and Geographic Information Society) and the associated US organizing committee.
Presentation proposals will be assessed based on the following criteria:
ICC 2017 invites presentations on a wide range of cartographic and geographic information science (GIScience) themes. Submissions will be assessed on their originality, interest to cartographers, and likelihood of advancing the discipline. Submissions may be technical or creative, scientific or experiential, individual or institutional in scope and approach. Submissions and optional papers will be assessed on how well they demonstrate a clear goal of relevance to cartography, use of systematic investigation or methods, completeness of results or recommendations, and significance of conclusions.
About ICC 2017
- People who wish to be considered as presenters during ICC 2017 for the Scientific Program, scroll down and click 'Join Now.'
- Presentation format options are oral paper or poster.
- There are two tracks for submitting your presentation. The Book Track (B) requires submission of a short abstract and full paper. The Proceedings Track (P) requires submission of a long initial abstract. Tracks B and P submission details are explained within the instructions: Click here to view the required submission fields.
The meeting site is the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel. This five day conference (July 2-7, 2017) provides attendees with opportunities to participate in technical exhibitions, scientific exchanges, creative inspiration, and institutional collaborations.
- Presentations within the scientific program and presentation materials must be in English. There are no translation services available.
- Topics should address themes of interest to ICC 2017 participants, with presenters keeping in mind that ICA is an organization that promotes cartography and GISience in an international context.
- The breadth of topics encouraged for submissions is represented by 40 themes. These themes are used to categorize each presentation submission and to organize the review process of the International Scientific Committee.
- Presentations within the scientific program must avoid any resemblance to commercialism, though they may report on evaluation of commercial products for cartography and GIScience.
- Presentation topics constituting promotional activities and/or advertising are prohibited.
- If a presentation or its content is underwritten in any way by an individual or organization other than the presenter, acknowledgement of the source and scope of support is encouraged.
- No materials that promote the self-interest of the presenter or commercial interest of a company or organization may be distributed/displayed without approval of the ICC 2017 organizing committee.
- Submissions are selected through a peer review process lead by the International Scientific Committee during which author(s) names and affiliations are included with the submission and optional paper. Reviewer names are not disclosed to authors.
- ICA values diversity, inclusion, and professional mentoring and promotes these values in its topic and presenter selection processes.
- ICA reserves the right to solicit additional topics and/or new presenters for themes of interest.
You will receive an automatic confirmation email for each submission and paper you submit. If you do not receive a confirmation email or if you have any questions about the call for presentations, please contact:
Please Click 'join now' below and enter your information. You will then receive an email acknowledgement once your account is created containing your user access information. Please save this email in order to log back into your submission account at a later date.
Please log in with the account details emailed to you after your initial account was created.