TO ACCOMMODATE THOSE AFFECTED BY RECENT HURRICANES, THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING ARO ABSTRACTS HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO MIDNIGHT ON SEPTEMBER 24. The ARO Program Committee is now welcoming Abstracts for the 2018 MidWinter Meeting. The deadline is September 24, 2017.
The ARO MidWinter Meeting abstract submission site will open on August 15th. To be considered for presentation at the MidWinter Meeting, all abstracts must be completed and submitted no later than midnight September 24, Eastern Standard Time.
Questions regarding the submission process or the 2018 ARO MidWinter Meeting, please contact the ARO Meetings Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 856-423-0041, option 2.
- There is no limit on the number of first-authored contributed abstract submissions from each person or lab. Each person can be a co-author on more than one abstract.
- Abstract submissions are not required to be sponsored by an ARO member.
- Each abstract submission requires payment of a submission fee. As an ARO member benefit, current members pay $30.00 per submission, whether they are first author or co-author. Non-members pay $120.00 per submission. If a non-member chooses to join ARO during the submission process, the submission fee will be reduced to $30.00.
There is no cost to withdraw an abstract; however, there will be no refund of the fee after the abstract has been successfully submitted.
A payment receipt will be generated automatically after the submission is finalized (scroll to the bottom of the final page).
- When submitting an abstract on the submission site:
- In the title text box, enter the abstract title exactly as you wish it to appear in the ARO Program and Abstract books. It is understood that all information will be displayed and published exactly as it has been submitted Double-check all spelling and capitalization. Please use Title Case, which is Initial Caps on All Significant Words. DO NOT type the title in ALL UPPERCASE.
Molecular Basis of Obvious Hearing Loss in the Walking Dead
- In the abstract text box, enter the text of the abstract. Do NOT include the title or author list in this section. Double check spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Abstracts involving research presentations should include an overview of the research background, methods, results, and conclusions.
- Graphics and tables can be uploaded on the Supporting Files page.
- The maximum word limit per abstract is 400 words. This count does not include the title, author list, graphs/images, or tables.
- Following successful submission of an abstract, you will be able to edit any of the fields until the September 24 due date. Edits will be NOT allowed past the September 24 deadline.
- The abstract submitter is responsible for making sure all the information in the abstract is EXACTLY as the authors wish it to appear. Notification emails will automatically be sent to all co-authors when the abstract is submitted.
Abstract Submission Fees
Members - $30
Non-Members - $120
Payment must be made at the time of submission for a submission to be considered complete.