NCEA 2019 Convention & Expo
April 23-25, 2019
Open Date: Tuesday, April 10, 2018
Close Date: Tuesday, June 4, 2018
Welcome to the NCEA 2019 Call for Proposals Website. With this system, you can submit a proposal for a session at NCEA 2019. The information below has been developed to assist you in developing a proposal for NCEA 2019. For additional information, please refer to the resources and questions section located at the bottom of the page. Good Luck!
NCEA 2019 Selection Process
- Proposals must be submitted via speaker management system prior to June 4, 2018.
- The selection process involves a review of every completed proposal by external and internal committees.
NCEA 2019 Proposals Criteria
- Proposal is completed and submitted by June 4, 2018.
- Proposal identifies two well-written actionable learning objectives.
- Proposal clearly explains the narrative background and the description of the session, including multiple interactive strategies to engage participants, such as peer-to-peer components, large and small group discussions, brainstorming, and case study analysis.
- Proposal has current, practical, and/or innovative content.
- Proposal has an appropriate learning level for the audience and topic.
- Completed proposals include speaker's/speakers' contact information, session title, actionable learning objectives, narrative background, and session description.
- Completed proposals include, but are not limited to, other required questions on the proposal, which may include tracks, topic area, subtopics, target audiences, internet usage, and session format.
Tips for Writing a Proposal
- Topics should appeal to a wide range of interests in Catholic education.
- Please select a title that clearly describes your session.
- Use action verbs to describe exactly what will occur during the session.
- Describe specific presentation techniques that will be utilized during the session, such as lecture, small or large group discussion, case study analysis, etc.
- Describe the key concepts that will be presented in the session.
- Describe the best practices that will be shared with participants.
- Theater: Seating arrangement where chairs are arranged in rows facing head table, stage or speaker.
- Classroom: Seating arrangement in which rows of tables with chairs face the front of a room and each person has a space for writing.
- Banquet Rounds: Seating arrangement where typically a grouping of rounds is set in such a way as to facilitate discussion with tablemates.
Learning Level Definitions
- All: The content is appropriate for all participants.
- Novice: New to the topic or professional role
- Intermediate: Somewhat knowledgeable and experienced in the topic or the professional role
- Advanced: Highly-knowledgeable or experienced in the topic or professional role
Additional Information & Resources
- Emails regarding the selection of your proposal will be sent from email@example.com.
- NCEA reserves the right to edit all proposal information.
- Sessions may be listed in the preliminary program, final program, Momentum, and other NCEA publications or social media.
- Speakers are requested to upload their PowerPoint, handouts, and biography on the NCEA 2019 mobile app and, if requested, the NCEA Resource Library.
- For questions regarding technical issues, please contact Thomas Pigg or Jennifer Stewart.
- For information on NCEA member benefits or how to become a member of NCEA, please visit www.NCEA.org.