close this panel
Name: 2018 Section on Obesity (SOOb)
Location: Orlando, Florida
Date: November 2–6, 2018
Website: Click here
2018 Section on Obesity (SOOb) Abstracts Program
- Abstracts submitted to the Section on Obesity should focus on culinary medicine, nutrition education and/or mindful eating. These can include programs from a variety of settings including in-office, child care, schools and in the community. Some examples may include:
- Culinary medicine programs in medical schools or the community
- Nutrition education/cooking program
- Nutrition education during family nights at child care centers
- Updates to anticipatory guidance to include discussion about mindful eating
- Special consideration will be given to those abstracts submitted by physicians in training at any level.
- Abstracts will be accepted for poster presentations only.
- Abstracts may either be new or previously presented.
QUALITY IMPROVEMENT PROJECT ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS AND MOC PART 4 ELIGIBILITY
- This year, we will be accepting abstracts describing quality improvement projects. These abstracts may be eligible for free MOC Part 4 credit through the AAP’s Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Portfolio.
- Please describe the following in your abstract submission. These items MUST be included on the poster or slide presentation in order to be eligible for MOC credit:
- The specific aim of the quality improvement project that describes the target population, desired numerical improvement, and timeframe for achieving the improvement
- The process for improvement (eg, QI methodology utilized, how the intervention was implemented, how tests of change were used to modify interventions, who was involved, etc)
- Graphical display of data: a minimum of baseline and 2 follow-up measurements
- A discussion of the degree to which the aim was achieved
- Factors that affected success
- Next steps for the QI project
- To submit an abstract describing a QI project, select the “QI Project” radio button as part of your abstract submission.
- If accepted into the H program, you will be contacted by AAP Division of Quality/MOC Portfolio staff with further information about MOC eligibility.
- Note: authors can still submit a QI project abstract even if not interested in MOC credit. Abstracts may still be accepted into the program even if they do not follow the MOC guidelines. These, however, will not be eligible for MOC credit.
- Poster/oral presentations describing projects already approved for MOC Part 4 credit are not eligible for additional credit.
- Additional details are available here: www.aap.org/mocabstracts
Presenters of accepted abstracts should notify Stephanie Walsh as soon as possible if they must cancel their presentation.
If you created an account in a different program, you may use the same username and access key. If this is your first time submitting, please create a new account.
Log in to submit an Abstract
Organizer: Katie Friedman - firstname.lastname@example.org /