The Jason Pettigrew Memorial ARE Scholarship recognizes the significant contributions of emerging professionals at early stages in their careers and helps defray the costs associated with the Architect Registration Examination (ARE). Developed by AIA’s National Associates Committee, the scholarship honors the memory of our late friend and colleague, Jason Pettigrew.
You’re eligible to apply to for this scholarship if you are an Associate AIA member with an NCARB record.
*Please note, National Associates Committee members (advisory committee or regional associate directors) are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Your application should demonstrate one or more of the following:
- Significant contributions to the profession at an early career stage
- Exemplary involvement in community and/or professional organizations
- Outstanding achievement in the creation, development, and delivery of creative programs for emerging professionals in architecture
- Passion for pursuit of architectural licensure
- Completed online application
- Statement of contribution to the profession (limited to one page)
- One professional biography and/or résumé (limited to two pages)
- Primary recommendation letter (limited to one page)
- Two additional recommendation letters from a colleague or supervisor (limited to one page each)
- Proof of eligibility to sit for the ARE
Scholarship recipients will receive funds to cover the cost of seven sections of the ARE and study materials provided by Brightwood College.