NCEA welcomes proposals for sessions at
NCEA 2016 Convention & Expo
San Diego, CA
March 29-31, 2016
OPEN: April 20, 2015
CLOSE: July 15, 2015 The Call for Proposals is now closed.
The selection process involves a review of every complete
proposal submitted prior to the deadline. Completed submissions include speaker contact information for each session speaker, session descriptions, target audiences, topic areas, and actionable learning objectives. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Session Formats- Defined (as defined by the Convention Industry Council)
Learning Level Definition
- Round Table- A group of experts who meet on an equal basis to review and discuss specialized, professional matters, either in closed session or, more frequently, before an audience.
- Panel Discussion- Instructional technique using a group of people chosen to discuss a topic in the presence of an audience,
- Workshop- Training session in which participants, often through exercises, develop skills and knowledge in a given field.
Highly experienced and knowledgeable in the topic or role
Somewhat experienced and knowledgeable in the topic or role
New to the topic or role
Sessions must be tailored to NCEA’s target audience, pillars, or topics areas.
Presentation submissions are evaluated on the following criteria:
- Session submission was submitted by the deadline.
- Session learning level is appropriate for the audience and topic.
- Identification of two actionable learner outcomes.
- Presentation is designed to encourage high audience interaction/participation by incorporating multiple interactive strategies to engage participants such as, facilitated delivery with high participation involvement, peer-to-peer components, large and small group discussions, participant brainstorming components and participant involvement in case study analyses.
- Content is focused, current, practical or innovative
- Clear and concise organization of ideas and clearly written learner outcomes.
- Timing - has the topic or the presenter been featured recently at a prior NCEA meeting
Presentation Submission Deadline: July 15, 2015
Submission Acceptance Notification: Mid Dec.2015
Travel Expenses and Complimentary Registration
Due to the large number of presenters at NCEA 2016, NCEA is not able to cover transportation or hotel expenses, nor can we provide a stipend. Each speaker – and if applicable, one co-presenter – will receive a reduced registration for NCEA 2016.