The College Board wants to highlight the important work of innovative, results-oriented middle and high school counselors who exemplify excellence and commitment to student's opportunity and success.
Nominate a school counselor today!
All nomination applications must be completed by Thursday, October 25, 2018 at 11:59 pm EST.
Counselor Recognition Program Recipients will be notified at the end of January, 2019.
[Nominees will be notified by phone, email, or postal service and maybe required to submit additional information.]
In order for applicants to be eligible for the College Board Counselor Recognition Program the nominee must meet the following criteria:
- Provide direct guidance and counseling services for a caseload of students and their families
- Be a master’s degree-level educator-serving as a full-time middle or high school counselor in a public, private, or independent school located in the United States.
How to Apply
- The nominee demonstrates leadership and advocacy in school counseling practices, initiatives and programs focused on increasing equity in K–12 college and career readiness outcomes, especially for underrepresented populations, in the school or district.
- The nominee demonstrates leadership in the areas of developing and coordinating collaborative partnerships (K–12 and college access professionals, higher education and nonprofit professionals, business and civic leaders, policymakers and legislators, parent and families, elementary and middle schools, and other supporters) that help increase access and equity in college and career readiness, especially in underrepresented populations.
- The nominee demonstrates strategies and programs that encourage parent and family involvement that focuses on college and career readiness.
- The nominee demonstrates proficient use of data that impacts college and career efforts that show outcomes for students from underrepresented populations.
- The nominee demonstrates consistent professional development that focuses on college and career readiness.
The nomination application should take about 25 minutes to complete and includes 3 application tasks outlined below.
Nominator Completes Tasks 1, 2, and 3 of the Application:
1. Nominator Form [Name of your Nominee, Your Role, 2 Short Essay Questions about Your Nominee]
2. School Information [Nominee’s School and Demographic Information]
3. Nominee Information