- The abstract session is part of the annual academic and scientific educational program of the Section on Orthopaedics (SOOr). All disciplines are invited to participate and attend. The primary objective of the program is to provide education in musculoskeletal medicine for Section members, specialists of other musculoskeletal disciplines, and general pediatricians.
- Abstracts that focus on the musculoskeletal system including sports, spine, neuromuscular disorders, and trauma are welcome. Abstracts will be accepted for podium (oral) and poster presentations. The Section will consider original research and/or case reports.
- Residents, fellows, and students are strongly encouraged to present the results of their scientific projects, with awards offered for best presentations. Award eligibility for Young Investigator Awards follows:
- Presenters who were in training at the time of research or submission are eligible.
- Presenters who were in the fellowship or last year of residency when the paper was submitted but are an attending by the date of the presentation are eligible.
- An attending or faculty level co-author of the paper must be present for the presentation and discussion of the paper for award eligibility.
- In addition travel grants may be available for in-training attendees. Contact the Abstract Chairperson, Dr. Yi-Meng Yen for details.
- Abstracts may be published in the print or electronic version of the Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics and in Pediatrics.
- Presenters of accepted abstracts should notify Dr. Yi-Meng Yen within a month of the presentation if they must cancel.
- Abstracts previously presented to other society meetings may be accepted as long as they have not yet been published.
Abstract Chairperson: Dr. Yi-Meng Yen
Program Chairperson: Dr. Theodore Ganley
If you created an account in a different program, you may use the same username and access key. If this is your first time submitting, please create a new account.