As part of its mission to provide visionary leadership for our academic discipline in Communication Sciences and Disorders; and to promote leadership training and development; institutional advancement and member support for sustainable growth of the field; the Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders (CAPCSD) is excited to announce the second Clinic Director Symposium
for new and experienced clinic directors.
The CAPCSD Clinic Director Symposium
will be held Tuesday and Wednesday, April 10-11, 2018
, at the Hilton Austin in Austin, TX. Highly respected clinic directors and leaders in CSD education will lead the Symposium. Topics will include:
- Implementing Medicare in Your Campus Clinic
- Promoting Leadership in Your Clinical Faculty and Students
- Accreditation for Clinic Directors
- Measuring Clinic Competencies
- Risky Business: Running a University Clinic
- Job Performance Reviews for Your Clinical Faculty
- Who Should I Call? Utilizing Your Resources
- Ins and Outs of Building Specialty Clinics
- Clinic Budgeting 101
- Advanced Clinic Business Models
- Evaluating Your Supervisors
- Utilizing Technology for Clinic Management
- The Clinic Director Symposium is open to CAPCSD-member programs. Only applications from CAPCSD-member programs in good standing as of September 15th will be considered. All others will be automatically disqualified.
- Applicants who attended the 2017 Clinic Director Symposium are ineligible to apply.
- Applicant must be a current clinic director.
- Only eligible, complete applications will be reviewed.
Applications will be accepted until Monday, October 16, 2017
. Applicants will be asked to provide:
- Contact and background information
- Program information
- Eligibility acknowledgement
Participation is limited to 50 individuals
. Once the initial 50 spots are filled, additional applicants will be put on a wait list. Participants will be selected by a random drawing.
All applicants will be notified of their application status by December 1, 2017