Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront: Jacksonville, FL
October 20-24, 2018
OPEN: May 1, 2018
CLOSE: June 15, 2018
NOTIFICATION: Early August, 2018
Welcome to the CLS 2018 Call for Proposals for the 2018 NCEA Catholic Leadership Summit. With this system, you may submit a proposal for a session to take place at CLS 2018 only. At this time we are not collecting proposals for the New Leaders Academy 2018. The information below has been developed to assist you in crafting a proposal for CLS 2018.
The Catholic Leadership Summit provides a professional development framework for diocesan, system, and network leadership. All program proposals should reflect innovative, informative, scalable, and applicable learning opportunities for all attendees.
The selection process involves a review of every complete proposal submitted prior to the deadline. Completed submissions include each speaker's name, title, contact information as well as actionable learning objectives, session descriptions, narrative responses, and short answer questions. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
CLS 2018 Selection Process
- Proposals must be submitted via this proposal site prior to Friday, June 15, 2018.
- The selection process involves a review of every completed proposal by both external and internal committees.
CLS 2018 Proposals Criteria
- Proposal is completed and submitted by Friday, June 15, 2018
- Proposal identifies two well-written actionable learning objectives
- Proposal clearly explains the narrative background and the description of the session, including multiple interactive strategies to engage participants, such as peer-to-peer components, large and small group discussions, brainstorming, and case study analysis.
- Proposal has innovative, informative, scalable, and/or practical content.
- Proposal has an appropriate learning level for the audience and topic.
- Completed proposals include speaker's(s') contact information, session title, actionable learning objectives, narrative background, and session description. Completed proposals include, but are not limited to, other required questions and fields found throughout the submission form.
Tips for Writing a Proposal
- Topics should appeal to a wide range of interests in Catholic education.
- Please select a title that clearly and concisely describes your session.
- Use action verbs to describe exactly what will occur during the session.
- Describe specific presentation techniques that will be utilized during the session, such as lecture, small or large group discussion, case study analysis, etc.
- Describe the key concepts that will be presented in the session.
- Describe what best practices will be shared with the participants.
- Align the proposal with the National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools.
Types of Room Set-ups
In the proposal you will be asked to select a preferred room set-up if you have one. Descriptions and details of each option are listed below for reference.
- Theater Set: Seating arrangement in which seats are in rows facing the stage area. Presenter Focused/Low Interaction. This set-up will allow the largest amount of individuals to fit in a room.
- Classroom Set: Seating arrangement in which rows of tables with chairs face the front of a room and each person has a space for writing. Presenter Focused/Low Interaction. This set-up will allow the least amount of individuals to fit within a room.
- Banquet Rounds: Seating arrangement where typically a grouping of rounds is set in such a way that encourages discussion. Presenter/Participant Focused/Partial Interaction. This set-up will allow the second most individuals to fit in a room.
Additional Information & Resources
- Each speaker, and if applicable, one co-speaker, will receive a complimentary registration for the 2018 NCEA Catholic Leadership Summit.
- Emails regarding the selection decision of your proposal will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add this email address to your accepted senders list.
- NCEA reserves the right to edit all proposal information if necessary.
- Selected sessions may be listed in the preliminary program, final program, Momentum, and other NCEA publications or social media.
- Selected speakers will be requested to upload their PowerPoint, handouts and biography to the CLS 2018 mobile app, and if requested, the NCEA Resource Library.
- Please send questions regarding submission of a proposal to Thomas Pigg at email@example.com.
- Please visit www.NCEA.org for details of member benefits or how to become a member of NCEA.