The Wood Design Awards invites entries to the 2015 program, the only North American program honoring excellence in wood architecture.
Entries should consist of building projects that show a wide range of wood product applications and demonstrate an understanding of the special qualities of wood, such as strength, durability, beauty and cost-effectiveness.
All projects completed in the period between January 1st, 2010 and September 15, 2015 are eligible for entry [except previous winning projects of the Wood Design & Building Awards].
A jury of prominent architects from Canada and the U.S. will review all entries based on various considerations such as creativity, appropriate use of wood materials in satisfying clients’ building and site requirements, innovative design.
Projects can be submitted into the following categories :
- Non-residential – Institutional
- Non-residential – Commercial Small & Large
- Residential – Single Family
- Residential – Multi Family
- Remodeled – Non Residential
- Remodeled – Residential
- Other – Exterior Structures, Bridges etc.
- SFI Sponsorship Award
- Real Cedar Sponsorship Award
Special Fees for subscribers to Wood Design & Building magazine
- First Entry - $175.00 USD
- Subsequent Entries - $165.00 USD
Regular fees for non-subscribers
- First Entry - $190.00 USD [includes a one-year subscription to Wood Design & Building]
- Subsequent Entries - $175.00 USD
Deadline to Submit: December 4, 2015 at 11:59 pm EST.
Please note that you can start your submission and come back to edit or update it before the deadline date.