About the Wood Design Awards
The Wood WORKS!
Wood Design Awards recognize leadership and innovation in wood use and continued excellence in the building and design community. This annual event celebrates innovative structural and architectural uses of wood and provides an opportunity for architects, engineers, building designers, builders and project owners to showcase their projects.
We encourage you to consider the different award categories and to submit nominations on behalf of those whose efforts and accomplishments merit recognition. Self-nominations and multiple submissions are also accepted. The successful projects will be judged by a panel of professionals.
Wood Design Categories
Awards in the various wood design categories honour the creators of new projects that push the limits of wood design in structures demonstrating excellence in the use of wood. Winning projects showcase the diversity and intensity in the use of wood products and systems, as well as wood’s special qualities: strength, durability, beauty, versatility and cost-effectiveness. Credit is given to the complete project team, including the architect(s), engineer(s), contractor(s), client(s) and primary consultants.
Submissions will be accepted in the following 14 categories:
- Residential Wood Design
- Multi-Unit Residential Wood Design
- Environmental Performance
- Commercial Wood Design
- Interior Beauty Design
- Institutional Wood Design: Small and Large
- New! Prefabricated Structural Wood
- Western Red Cedar
- Wood Innovation
- International Wood Design
- Wood Champion
In addition to the categories listed above, the Jury will choose from among all submissions for Jury’s choice awards.
Rules and Deadlines
- Projects must have been completed within the last 3 years.
- A project cannot be nominated in more than two project categories except in the instance of the individual categories of Engineer, Architect or Wood Champion. Separate submissions are required for each award category.
- Photos and drawings may not have any name identification on the front of them as they will be viewed by the Jury. Please submit photos and drawings in both landscape and portrait orientation.
- Digital drawings and photos must be labelled with a file name that includes the award category, nominee, project and number in the series: Example: NameOfCategory_NameOfNominee_NameOfProject_001.jpg. If a project is nominated in more than one category the images must be labelled accordingly.
- Once a nomination is submitted, it becomes the property of Wood WORKS!. Nomination packages, including imagery, will not be returned to the nominees or the submitting party. Wood WORKS! BC reserves the right to use the submitted materials for future Wood Design Awards promotions use.
- Wood WORKS! BC reserves the right to refuse nominations should a submission not meet category requirements.
- All nominations must be received before the due date.
Click Join Now to create an account and begin the process!
- Nominees will be invited to attend the awards dinner where the winners will be announced on Monday, February 26, 2018 at the Vancouver Convention Centre, West.
- Recognition is given to the architect/design firm unless otherwise specified in the application.
- Learn more online at www.wood-works.ca/bc/wda