ASN Awards Portal
The American Society for Nutrition (ASN) and the American Society for Nutrition Foundation (ASNF) awards program honors scientists, clinicians, and scholars for signiﬁcant achievements in nutrition research and practice. The 2019 Awards will be presented during Nutrition 2019
, ASN’s Scientiﬁc Sessions and Annual Meeting, 8-11 June 2019 in Baltimore, MD. Presentation of select awards may be contingent upon funding availability. Awards without current funding are noted; interested partners may contact Keith Dillon [email@example.com
; (240) 428-3650] for information.
to view a complete list of the awards and descriptions.
- Each nomination must include a letter of support outlining the basis for the nomination and the signiﬁcance of the candidate’s work. All nominations must include a brief curriculum vitae for the nominee, including a list of the nominee’s publications in refereed journals. A reprint (or series of reprints) reporting the research for which the candidate is nominated can be appended but is not required. Please be aware that certain awards have additional requirements that are defined in the awards descriptions below. Click here for letter of support guidelines for ASN Fellow nominations.
- All nomination materials must be submitted electronically through the ASN Awards Portal. Incomplete or late nominations will not be considered. For the most up-to-date information regarding the Society awards and Fellows programs including a list of prior honorees, visit www.nutrition.org/awards and www.nutrition.org/fellows. ASN membership is not required to submit a nomination.
- Nominations for each award will be retained for 2 years. Nominations received in 2018 will be considered for 2019 and 2020 awards selection.
- ASN membership is not a requirement for all Society awards but outlining service to the Society is helpful when applicable.
- Any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Conﬁdential award selection juries are appointed each year. Juries rate the candidates based on the award criteria.
- An individual who has received 1 ASN award is not eligible to receive another award unless it is for accomplishments not previously recognized.
- An award is usually given to 1 person, but a jury may recommend that the award be given to 2 or more individuals who collaborated in recent research. Similarly, a jury can determine that there are no deserving candidates in a given year.
- The deadline for receipt of nominations is November 1, 2018.
- ASN Awards Portal login credentials are specific to this website and separate from ASN website usernames and passwords.
- If you submitted a nomination in prior years, please click the Join Now button below. A new user account must be created to submit any 2019 nominations.