close this panel
Name: 2018 Section on Medicine-Pediatrics (SOMP)
Location: Orlando, Florida
Date: November 2–6, 2018
Website: Click here
2018 Section on Medicine-Pediatrics (SOMP) Abstracts Program
QUALITY IMPROVEMENT PROJECT ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS AND MOC PART 4 ELIGIBILITY
- The Section on Med-Peds is looking for clinical cases that have a particular "Med-Peds" perspective. Cases should be a clinical vignette that is applicable to both pediatrics and internal medicine, and presenters are expected to be either Med-Peds residents or faculty.
- Presenters of accepted abstracts should notify Jennifer Gerardin as soon as possible if they must cancel their presentation.
- Abstracts will be accepted for poster presentations only. Also, the abstract must be a case report.
- Submissions can only be made by members of the Section on Medicine-Pediatrics or those willing and eligible to join.
- Abstracts may have been presented at a local, state, or regional meeting; however, the abstract may not have been previously published or cannot have been presented or submitted to other national meetings or journals at the time of their submission to the AAP National Conference & Exhibition.
- This year, we will be accepting abstracts describing quality improvement projects. These abstracts may be eligible
for free MOC Part 4 credit through the AAP’s Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Portfolio.
- Please describe the following in your abstract submission. These items MUST be included on the poster or slide presentation in order to be eligible for MOC credit:
- The specific aim of the quality improvement project that describes the target population, desired numerical improvement, and timeframe for achieving the improvement
- The process for improvement (eg, QI methodology utilized, how the intervention was implemented, how tests of change were used to modify interventions, who was involved, etc)
- Graphical display of data: a minimum of baseline and 2 follow-up measurements
- A discussion of the degree to which the aim was achieved
- Factors that affected success
- Next steps for the QI project
If you created an account in a different program, you may use the same username and access key. If this is your first time submitting, please create a new account.
- To submit an abstract describing a QI project, select the “QI Project” radio button as part of your abstract submission.
- If accepted into the H program, you will be contacted by AAP Division of Quality/MOC Portfolio staff with further information about MOC eligibility.
- Note: authors can still submit a QI project abstract even if not interested in MOC credit. Abstracts may still be accepted into the program even if they do not follow the MOC guidelines. These, however, will not be eligible for MOC credit.
- Poster/oral presentations describing projects already approved for MOC Part 4 credit are not eligible for additional credit.
- Additional details are available here: www.aap.org/mocabstracts
- Click the button below to begin the process for submitting an abstract to the Section on Medicine-Pediatrics
Log in to submit an Abstract
Organizer: Katie Friedman - email@example.com /