close this panel
Name: 2018 Section on Breastfeeding (SOBr)
Location: Orlando, Florida
Date: November 2–6, 2018
Website: Click here
2018 Section on Breastfeeding (SOBr) Abstracts Program
QUALITY IMPROVEMENT PROJECT ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS AND MOC PART 4 ELIGIBILITY
- The Section on Breastfeeding accepts abstracts related to any aspect of breastfeeding.
- Abstracts will be accepted for podium (oral) presentations as well as poster presentations. Abstracts submitted may be considered for either format at the discretion of the Abstract Review Committee.
- Presenters of accepted abstracts should notify Ngozi Onyema-Melton as soon as possible if they must cancel their presentation.
- This section will consider abstracts in the following areas: original research, quality improvement projects, case reports, educational programs, and breastfeeding advocacy projects.
- All research conducted by abstract authors should have been approved by the Institutional Review Board of the institution(s) where the research was conducted. The abstract selection committee may ask for documentation of approval by the respective IRBs if warranted.
- Submission will not preclude future submission for journal publication, nor does prior publication disqualify submission to this section. Complete the fields regarding previous submission even though this will not exclude the paper from consideration. Priority may be given to papers not previously published or presented.
- This year, we will be accepting abstracts describing quality improvement projects. These abstracts may be eligible
for free MOC Part 4 credit through the AAP’s Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Portfolio.
- Please describe the following in your abstract submission. These items MUST be included on the poster or slide presentation in order to be eligible for MOC credit:
- The specific aim of the quality improvement project that describes the target population, desired numerical improvement, and timeframe for achieving the improvement
- The process for improvement (eg, QI methodology utilized, how the intervention was implemented, how tests of change were used to modify interventions, who was involved, etc)
- Graphical display of data: a minimum of baseline and 2 follow-up measurements
- A discussion of the degree to which the aim was achieved
- Factors that affected success
- Next steps for the QI project
If you created an account in a different program, you may use the same username and access key. If this is your first time submitting, please create a new account.
- To submit an abstract describing a QI project, select the “QI Project” radio button as part of your abstract submission.
- If accepted into the H program, you will be contacted by AAP Division of Quality/MOC Portfolio staff with further information about MOC eligibility.
- Note: authors can still submit a QI project abstract even if not interested in MOC credit. Abstracts may still be accepted into the program even if they do not follow the MOC guidelines. These, however, will not be eligible for MOC credit.
- Poster/oral presentations describing projects already approved for MOC Part 4 credit are not eligible for additional credit.
- Additional details are available here: www.aap.org/mocabstracts
Log in to submit an Abstract
Organizer: Katie Friedman - firstname.lastname@example.org /