The AIA Jason Pettigrew Memorial ARE Scholarship recognizes the significant contributions of emerging professionals at early stages in their careers and encourages them to complete the licensure process by defraying costs associated with the Architect Registration Examination (ARE). The AIA National Associates Committee developed the scholarship in honor and memory of their late friend and colleague, Jason Pettigrew.
Applicants should demonstrate one or more of the following attributes
Scholarship recipients receive:
- Significant contributions at an early stage of career to the profession and/or community;
- Exemplary involvement in community and/or professional organizations;
- Outstanding achievement in the creation, development and delivery of creative programs for students, interns, Associates, and/or young architect members;
- Demonstrated passion for pursuit of registration.
*Scholarship amount is subject to local, state, and federal tax.
- Current edition of Kaplan ARE Complete Library
- Reimbursement for the cost of passing all divisions of the ARE one time.*
A complete scholarship application include the following:
To submit an application for the 2015 Jason Pettigrew Memorial ARE Scholarship, please provide the following information. Please direct any questions firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Statement of contribution to the profession (limited to one page)
- One Professional biography and/or resume (limited to two pages)
- Primary recommendation letter (limited to one page) from an IDP Mentor or Supervisor, an AIA member in good standing, or an AIA Component Executive.
- Two additional letters of recommendation from a colleague or supervisor (limited to one page each)
- Proof of eligibility to sit for the ARE.
Deadline EXTENDED to June 1, 2015